• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5.5 RE kit w/T-case drop

Los11

NAXJA Forum User
Hey whats up guys, I recieved my lift today and tires 33's my question is this I ordered the SYE and CV shaft but it wont be here for another week, My buddy who is gonna do the lift for me can only do it this week, So I was wondering how will it ride with the t-case drop being that its my daily driver and I cant have it out of service for a week. It will only be for a week till I get everything else. I have a 2000 XJ 5.5 RE with 33 MTRS

Los11 said:
Hey whats up guys, I recieved my lift today and tires 33's my question is this I ordered the SYE and CV shaft but it wont be here for another week, My buddy who is gonna do the lift for me can only do it this week, So I was wondering how will it ride with the t-case drop being that its my daily driver and I cant have it out of service for a week. It will only be for a week till I get everything else. I have a 2000 XJ 5.5 RE with 33 MTRS
Till you lift it and drive it you won't know. Each vehicle is different. Btw how far will you have to drive? you can always pull the rear shaft and drive in 4wd on the front shaft if it's going to be bad.

Kejtar said:
Till you lift it and drive it you won't know. Each vehicle is different. Btw how far will you have to drive? you can always pull the rear shaft and drive in 4wd on the front shaft if it's going to be bad.

That's what I was going to mention. I wouldn't mess with a TCase drop for that much lift for just a week. Pull the shaft and run in front wheel drive. It will be fine. I ran mine for over a thousand miles without any problems. Just feels a little weird.

Thanks for the replies, I only have to drive to work and back which is like 30 miles round trip. I guess thats probably the best way to do it instead of messing around with the t-case drop.

HOLD ON HERE GUY'S!This is a LP D30 and will most likely have front vibe issues also!I know I still run one!

Los11 said:

I have a 94 with the same kit you just got + 2" spacers in the front and a 7.5" "stick made" leaf pack in the back. I still dont have any vibe issues with 7* angle in the back.

However, my friend has a 2001 with 3" lift all the way around. His will jar your guts out... So you probably need the drop.

Why will I have front vibe issues also???

Los11 said:
Why will I have front vibe issues also???

Because you have a LP D30 when most everyone else has a HP D30!It makes the angles alot worse!

Back