• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Baby Lift Complete - Thanks!! Long Post

Chippo

NAXJA Member #1233
I would like to thank all of you that have either posted or helped bassterds like myself for all the info on lifting an XJ. We purchased a 92 about 3 months ago and have sucked in all comments on which parts would be best for what I call a baby lift trying to somewhat dup a RE 3.5 kit purchasing all parts used or new at great prices from private parties. It took this old man 15 hrs by myself the last two days to complete this lift and no real probs except a stripped out lug nut stud, I know big deal, yeah. I really feared the rear pack bolts from all the horror stories, but these babys came right out without any frickin probs. I guess that what I get for living in Kalifornia,yeah baby!! One of the best tips read here was to use a bottle jack and a ratcet strap to move axles around, big help here guys! The lift went a little taller than expected at 5 3/4" using 3.5 packs and coils, but looks great with 31's under it!
Again a huge thank you for all that have posted or submitted advice on their past experiances!!! Can't wait to get this thing dirty!
Thanks again!

Back