• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

some progress

jeepxjga

NAXJA Forum User
well, since i decided to keep the heep, i decided that the drivetrain is going to get an overhaul. heres whats on the platter...

rear: new MORE antiwrap perches, all new bearings, seals, possibly a BTF cover if the funds allow, sanded and repainted to make it look all blinged out, 5.13's, and redo the shock mounts on the axle

front: some 4* shims, new main leaves on both sides, 5.13's, possibly a BTF cover if the funds will allow it.

anyway, tore the rear out last night, thanks to BIG98XJ for the help, all i can say is once again it took longer than i expected, but we got it out and it is gonna need some serious work. its held up for about 3-4 years of serious abuse from running 35's welded on the street for a year to 2-3 years of hardcore pounding on the southeast's hardest trails. its def. time for a little R and R

DSC00522.JPG

DSC00523.JPG

DSC00524.JPG

DSC00525.JPG

DSC00526.JPG

lol, you can always find all sorts of weird stuff in the back of my truck, how some of it gets there..i have no idea :dunno:

ps - i take it you ride a cbr? same here :D

i'm soon to have a toyota rearend w/ 4.10s if you want it to match your 6 lug front. cheaper to get gears cuz i don't think you'd need a new carrier.

how much? just call me you homo

Back