• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spare parts sharing

EricsXJ

NAXJA Member #616
NAXJA Member
My rig meets the requirements for this trail ride, but I am pretty paranoid about breakage. (I wheel with a light foot). But anyways, I am purchasing a 8.25 (29 spline) spare shaft but it won't get to me in time for this ride. I would feel more comfortable if someone else on this ride was going to bring a spare. Is anyone planning on bringing a spare 8.25 shaft?

FWIW, I am bringing spare:
front stub shaft and hub unit (D30)
stock steering linkage
other assorted small stuff, gear oil etc.

Any of my spare parts are welcome to be used by anyone. :)

I've got as many as four 27-spl 8.25 shafts I could bring if anyone has a 27-spl. Also, disco 30 shafts, possibly a non-disco long shaft, steering linkages, a hub or two, some fluids, (as needed) and a 35" MT/R on a 5 on 4.5" wheel (for me).

I'll be up for the BBQ on Sun night to help out the club. I have a spare 8.25 29 spline that you can borrow for the week and just get it back to me when you get off the trail. I'll just make a note on my pack list.

-Jerry

JC said:
I'll be up for the BBQ on Sun night to help out the club. I have a spare 8.25 29 spline that you can borrow for the week and just get it back to me when you get off the trail. I'll just make a note on my pack list.

-Jerry

Thanks Jerry! That really helps with peace of mind. Chances are I won't need it and I'll make sure you get it back. :worship:

Anything I have, and you guys need, consider it yours.

Jerry,

Thanks again for lending me that shaft. I didn't need to use it so I sent it back with Phil, since Andy and Jes left to do Barrett and I didn't get a chance to give it back to them. Thanks again.

Back