• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tractor supply company control arms?

y2kxj

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have a TSC near them? We have them all over here in NY. I go there alot and they carry tons of cool stuff. They have Hi-Lifts cheaper than anywhere else and winches and recovery gear. I was browsing the other day and noticed they have control arms for tractors in stock. They look just like the Skyjacker double flex arms with the flex joint at each end and they are adjustable at both ends. Anybody seen these? They have a bunch of different sizes and are heavy as hell. Cheap too. Just wondering.....

The ball ends on 3 point hitch links suck for use as an automotive control arm end. And the threads on the adjuster almost certainly won't hold up well either.

Macgyvr tried these a few years ago, IIRC. And he heaved them too.

ran them for about 6mo to a year, i can't remember for sure, on my Jeep and at that time it was a daily driver....

not too bad at first...then they wore in quickly like others have said and were really noisy and allowed the front end to move around a lot...

trail only they are a pretty cheap short arm, in fact up until this last generation of my jeep, i kept one aboard as a trail spare for others incase one broke on the trail...

mac 'amazing some of the hillbilly stuff i've tried' gyvr

I have to agree with you on the cheep Hi-Lift's, just picked up a Full-cast one, the red one, 48" for $43.75, out the door form TSC. Closest I could find one mail-order was about $60 before shipping, and they are heavy, hate to see the shipping cost on those.

y2kxj said:
Anybody have a TSC near them? We have them all over here in NY.......... I was browsing the other day and noticed they have control arms for tractors in stock. They look just like the Skyjacker double flex arms with the flex joint at each end and they are adjustable at both ends. Anybody seen these? They have a bunch of different sizes and are heavy as hell. Cheap too. Just wondering.....

Junk for our use, just like has been said. A few friends tried them, but they don't last.

how large are these things?

I'm just wondering becasue in my kind of local metal yard, they have very large used control arms that appear to be from a tractor or something. They're about 4-5' long. They have at least 1" heims on them that were still good. I'm just wondering if these are the same as the ones you're talking about. As I was thinking of picking up a few of them and seeing what can be done with them.

Gearwhine, there are a number of different sizes/categories of 3 point hitch equipment.

The front 3 point lift on Dad's orchard tractor is rated at over 8,000 lbs., and it's not a large one either.

so this is not recomendable i was going to get a couple to see how they work, there is a jonh deer store on they sell them for $12 so is not bad, and what is the difference whit the skyjacker ones

they come in different classes of 3rd link...your just looking at the light duty ones at tractor farm supply...you can get a class 3 one for $70-80 which the johndeere parts department assures me I couldnt break...but at that cost I thought I might as well get real xj parts

I was in a TS for the first time today (spent an hour looking around :D ) and saw these things for the first time,

JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hinkley

I agree they are not great for suspensions.

A local guy just bougth some for his buggie in progress. $60 for each arm with left and right threaded 1.25in Spherical bearing joints. The joints were painted on the ball part, not a high wuality casting or materials, they had very corse threads, and cheezie little jamnuts. The threaded shafts were very long compared to my Highquality rod ends from pollyperformance. He spent only $120 for 4 rod ends with jam nuts, and threaded inserts... I payed about $400 including jamnuts and the expensive missalignment spacers. I wanted to buy and build once. I plan to have my rig for more then 3 years on the trails and I anticipate my joints will last that long, while i expect he will go through a set a year.

If you cant swing the cost the big long lasting 1.25in joints settle for the good quality 3/4in joints, they wont last quite as long as the big ones but will out last the tracta joints.

download.php

Back