• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bench bleed?

Jeepster4wd

NAXJA Forum User
Iv be doing the abs swap on my 93' Xj and have been putting on a 96' non abs system on.Do I need to bench bleed this master cylinder?

Yes, always bench bleed any master cylinder before installing or you'll go out of your mind trying to get air out of the system.

Robert

Everyone suggests bench bleeding the MC before installing it. I have not been able to find any threads on how to do this though. Can someone point me to some instructions on how to bench bleed a master cylinder before installing it? I have a 98 ZJ MC and Booster that I'm looking at installing. I though it would be better to dredge up this old post than start a new one.

Everyone suggests bench bleeding the MC before installing it. I have not been able to find any threads on how to do this though. Can someone point me to some instructions on how to bench bleed a master cylinder before installing it? I have a 98 ZJ MC and Booster that I'm looking at installing. I though it would be better to dredge up this old post than start a new one.

This is pretty basic stuff. http://autorepair.about.com/od/fixityourself/ss/MC_bench-bleed.htm

Ron

Is it possibly to bench bleed the system with the MC hooked up to the jeep and use the brake pedal to bleed it?

Yea, but that would just be a total pain in the butt. It takes 15-20 to take it out, same to put it back. Not an excruciating process. I

Looks like I'll just have to find something to stuff in the holes to keep it from drawing air back in. Thats the downside of shopping at the junkyard. I guess master cylinders are spring loaded if you can release the dowel and it draws fluid from the reservoir automatically?

Wake up Okie!

You go buy a piece of brake line, cut it in two, and place the ends in the res. Fill the res, and start pumping!

And yes, that is how they work. How did you expect them to work?? PFM? :D

Ron

Wake up Okie!

You go buy a piece of brake line, cut it in two, and place the ends in the res. Fill the res, and start pumping!

And yes, that is how they work. How did you expect them to work?? PFM? :D

Ron

Thats a pretty good idea. Thanks for the tips everyone.

Back