• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HomeBrewed Lift Questions

Bill-93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I need advice..... I just bought new rear leafs which are 2.5 inches taller and ZJ coils which are supposed to be 3.0 inches higher for the front. Add to that some BB parts (1.5 inch blocks for rear and the 1.5 inch coil spacers for front) and I should be at 4 to 4.5 inches lift. My rig is stock 1993 XJ with a AW-4 and NP231. Three pressing questions.....

1) Do I need to drop the transfer case? Buy spacers or fab?

2) LCA's ??? will the standard ones work with 4" lift?

3) SYE..... Necessary ?? I thought XJs of my vintage could get by without?

Thanks in advance for your input..............

Bill-93XJ

I don't want to rain on your parade but ZJ coils will gain about 1 1/2 inches not 3.
I am running ZJ V8 coils with 1 3/4 spacers and got just over 3 inches with the combo.

Bill-93XJ said:
I need advice..... I just bought new rear leafs which are 2.5 inches taller and ZJ coils which are supposed to be 3.0 inches higher for the front. Add to that some BB parts (1.5 inch blocks for rear and the 1.5 inch coil spacers for front) and I should be at 4 to 4.5 inches lift. My rig is stock 1993 XJ with a AW-4 and NP231. Three pressing questions.....

1) Do I need to drop the transfer case? Buy spacers or fab?

2) LCA's ??? will the standard ones work with 4" lift?

3) SYE..... Necessary ?? I thought XJs of my vintage could get by without?

Thanks in advance for your input..............

Bill-93XJ

Tcase drop and extended slip yoke, fab something up

You need LCA's, you can find these used pretty cheap. or make some yourself.

You may need a longer driveshaft for slipyoke engaement, the Manual Tranny Drive Shafts are longer.

Just remeber that without an SYE you are weaker and if you did loose your rear DS, you need to get that rig home fast or towed. You will loose all your tcase fluid, I know.

He is talking about OME ZJ 2" coils.
The OME 934 coils that Bill bought from me lifted the front of my rig 2.75" exactly.
My bad for raining on YOUR parade.
Bill, your 93 should be fine with no sye, and if you need a tcase drop I will send you one for $10 and shipping.
Your LCAs will be a tad short, but you can shim them for now and get longer ones later.
Good luck.

Ahh! He never said they were ZJ lift coils. I just didn't want him to be disappointed after installing them. I'll leave the parades to the shriners now! :)

Back