• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BugFlector Mounting Options

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well Im going to have to replace my windshield soon and so I'm thinking so I dont have to do it again in a couple years Im going to get a Bugdeflector. Right now I'm looking at the AVS BugFlector II but Im wondering what the mounting options are. Has anyone put one of these on their older (1984-1996) Cherokee? Im looking to have a removable one to allow waxing and cleaning underneath it. I put one on my Dad's Suburban and it just came with adapters to turn the holes in the underside of the hood into screw holes. I would like to do mine the same way but in Quadratec it says mounts with 3m tape and/or screws. Any ideas? Thanks

Off the subject a little, but don't expect a bug deflector to actually deflect anything away from your windshield. It does more to keep the front of your hood from getting pitted from rocks that anything else.

I know the deflector really wont help the windshield much but it does minimize bugs, I know. Also with my Maaco enamel paintjob my paint is pretty easily chipped so itll help my hood. Still looking for mounting ideas.

I have the factory Jeep one, attaches behind the grill and comes up over it, used clear bumpers to keep it away from the paint and body. Works pretty well, been on there for about 6 years now. It was the *first* add-on that I bought for it and it does do fair at bugs and small stones.

I have had the AVS Bugdeflector II on my 89 for something like 6 years now. It can be mounted by drilling about 4 holes just above the grill. I never had the desire to fool around with that and just put it on using the tape that was included with the deflector. Suprisingly, the tape lasted over five years before I saw any evidence of it giving way. When that happened, I gently pulled it off and replaced all the tape and it was good as new again, maybe lost a few flecs of paint. As for function, I don't think there is much, but I kind of like the way it looks. Long winded answer, my 2cent on holes vs tape, you can always take that tape off but its kind of hard to fill in holes once they are drilled ;)

Ok thats all I needed to know. I dont want to drill at all so Ill just use the tape. Thanks a lot everyone.

Back