• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift dilemma

herreraxto

NAXJA Forum User
I am ready to get some more inches but the thing is I don’t want to buy something and then regret it I want to go cheap without spending a lot of money but I don’t want to get something cheap and spend more money on the long run so I just ask your opinion I have some ideas on the lifts

1 get rustys 3 aal and get the budget lift kit 1” to get 4.5
2 get re 3.5 super flex or super ride aal
3 or just get generic lift from skyjacker, re, rustys, etc but I think if I get separate is going to be more money instead getting a lift kit

any comment or recommendation or where to buy it, thanks in advance for your help

I would go with a 4.5" RubiconExpress. and DONT get the aal's. I did and they started to sag within a couple of months....right now they are sitting about 2" lower that its supposed to be .

Get the RE 3.5" SR with leaf packs and forget about it. You will need a 3/4" spacer to level the front out and since this kit will have you sitting at around 5", and adjustable trackbar is a real good idea.

Any mod you get is dependent on what you plan to do with it. Rock crawling, trail riding or mall crawling all have different requirments which would necessitate different equipment. To what kind of wheeling are are you going to expose your newly modified rig?

Inho I Would Get A Rubicon Express Lift Alot Of Peple Run Them Here And Brag Them Allthe Time I Currently Have A 3" Explorer Pro Comp With Aal And Had Rub So Bad In Back [ With 31/10.50's On A 2000] That I Had To Get Bushwacker Pocket Flairs Couldn't Even Pull In My Driveway Without Rubbing. Also The Superlift Lift Looks Like It Is Made Well. Nobody Talks About Them On Here Though. Just Rember You May Or May Not Need A Slip Yoke Iliminater To Keep The Vibes Down.

I put a lift on my XJ similar to the first option you posted.
Front: 3" Rusty's coils w/ a 2" spacer (stock isolator removed)
Rear: 2.5" AAL w/ a 1.5" lift shackle

It went smooth, but all in all I already I wished I had done the spring packs. It rides OK and looks great, but I expect the @$$ to settle and I'll end up buying them anyhow. Whatever way you choose, spend the $$ on quality shocks.

Back