• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring harness/power mirrors/brake lights trouble!

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, so I swapped the harness from the 98 to 97 so that I could run my power doors/windows/mirrors (97 was SE and all it had was power mirrors).
Now:
1. Power doors run fine
2. Power windows run fine
3. Power mirrors do not run at all
4. Brake lights are on constantly

So I layed the original harness and guess what:
1. Power mirrors do not run at all
2. Brake lights are on constantly

What gives? Is there some trick that I'm missing?

Oh.... one thing in regard to the power mirrors: the fsm refers to the yellow dk green wire as the one bringing power to the switch, but it's got nothing: reads big fat 0. The fuse is good though (fuse 18 ?)

fixed the brake issue as it was the switch was not adjusted right (amongst other things I swapped in my pedals from the stick shift as I'll be swapping in ax 15 to replace the aw 4 this weekend.

Unfortunately the mirrors are still not working. It's a 97XJ with a 98 harness but it doesn't work with the 97 harness anymore either as I did test that.

OK, I finshed playing with the mirror wiring for the night and I'm just as clueless as to the cause of it not working as I was before! Any ideas anyone? I wanna button up the doors and be done with them.!

Back