• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help on lights install....(airbag sensor)

a_hiatt

NAXJA Forum User
so i got some 5" offroad lights and im getting ready to install them. i plan on mounting them on my bumper infront of my grill. i was wondering if anyone who has a 99 jeep sport knows where the airbag sensor is or if anyone has a diagram. or even if u've done a similair job let me know how it went.

Look behind you bumper on the Passenger side.. There will be a plastic ball.. That is the Air bag thingy.... Your fine as long as you DONT RUPTURE THE BALL

Your airbag control module is underneath the left front seat . there is a metal cover on it .

if your airbag sensor is still under the drivers seat then you are long overdue on a recall from the dealer. supposed to have that moved. my 2000 is in the center console

i belive the air bag sensors on the 97+ are behind the headlight buckets or under them not shure[if you look for them there in that area somewhere],but i know they arn't in the bumper so drill away

scoobyxj said:
i belive the air bag sensors on the 97+ are behind the headlight buckets or under them not shure[if you look for them there in that area somewhere],.....

No.

As stated above, first were under driver seat and a recall to move it to under center console because of problems with it getting damaged under the seat.

If you're is still under seat go have it replaced/moved to under console.

mark

what does it look like, how will i know if it is still under my seat

Ramsey said:
what does it look like, how will i know if it is still under my seat

It will be pretty obvious... if you see a section of your carpet missing under the driver's seat, then it's been relocated under center console, by the recall. If not, you'll see a square box mounted on the floorboard under your driver's seat...

Ivan

Ivan said:
It will be pretty obvious... if you see a section of your carpet missing under the driver's seat, then it's been relocated under center console, by the recall. If not, you'll see a square box mounted on the floorboard under your driver's seat...

Ivan

:D

hinkley

seems simple enough, i'll have to look

Back