• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

currie 4" leaf springs ? who's running 'em?

MMIXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i'd like to go 'up' a bit from my RE 3.5" springs (from the 6130 4.5" kit)...

i think a pair of new 4.5" RE springs would be too high, so was looking at maybe some 4" springs. they're a bit pricey, but anybody running the currie "sportsman" springs? good/bad?

anybody else make 4" spring packs?

thanks.

I've only heard good things about Currie, but for a 1/2" it's not worth the price. Especially since RE has a reputation for giving you more lift than advertised, especially in the rear, meaning the Currie pack might not even lift you more. Put a longer shackle on to get the extra lift, add another leaf to your pack, or add a 1/2" block.

MMIXJ said:
i'd like to go 'up' a bit from my RE 3.5" springs (from the 6130 4.5" kit)...

i think a pair of new 4.5" RE springs would be too high, so was looking at maybe some 4" springs. they're a bit pricey, but anybody running the currie "sportsman" springs? good/bad?

anybody else make 4" spring packs?

thanks.
If you're planning to go from a 3.5" to 4" I guess I'd ask why bother? Your 3.5" springs are probably sitting at 4"+ anyways.

In regards to who makes 4" packs, you could try tomken.

well my RE 4.5" lift has "settled", but unfortunately the rear has settled more than the front (and i've got a stock bumper back there and no tools/junk in the rear)...

so i'm just looking to even things out a bit. no doubt the 4.5" kit gave me more lift than adverstised, but i wish it would have leveled out equally.

so if i replace w/ new 3.5" packs, who's to say it won't happen again, and if i replace w/ new 4.5" packs then it will undoubtedly sit higher in the rear (at least for a while); so i was thinking of splitting the difference w/ some 4" packs.

i'm already running the extended shackle, and the only larger one i've seen is 6" (eye to eye) and it looks as though it would interfere w/ the exhaust.

tomken: i've heard good things about some of their products (i'm happily running their gas skid), but i've heard to stay away from their suspension lift products... ??

thanks.

Back