• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best deal on 5 TrXus MTs?

99greenjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I've been shopping around for a set of 5 31x10.5 TrXus MTs since I've heard some pretty good reviews on them but have been getting some pretty wide variation in prices. I've checked many online 4x4 stores, local shops, and even the big boys like Les and Discount Tire. Has anyone purchased these and what price is a good deal on a set of 5?
thanks in advance.
-dave

I've seen as low as $106 in a printed ad for the 31's. Take the ad to Discount/American Tire and they will match the price. Plus you get their lifetime mounting and balance service that way. You should be able to find them in ads for under $110 in 4wheel mag, JPmap, Offroad mag. hope that helps.

You may want to check your local off-road shops. I just got a quote from my local for $120. May make it easier to exchange/replace if you get a problem tire. Just my 2 cents...

How much lift are you running for these tires?

The best local deal I've seen is $112.
I'm running the RE 3.5 SuperFlex with 30 x 9.5 Toyo Open Countrys (these will be for sale! Only have 12K miles on em) and they look TINY! I know that 31x10.5 isn't a huge step up...but I'm more interested in performance than looks really.
-dave

I was prettyhappy with 4 wheel parts.com.
I got 35x12.5 TrXus with warranty and free shipping. Were a little more than the prices mentioned here but were very competitive for 35's.

ANd I blew a side wall on the first outing. Had a new one off the truck 3 days later, no cost.

Derik

I've learned to ignore the price per tire. Everybody likes to throw that around but I've seen shops that quote the same price per tire but for 5 of them mounted and balanced there can be up to a $100 difference. The only price I care about when I ask a price is my "Out The Door" price.

Just something to keep an eye out for.

JaySheep,

It was from a trail run. Not sure why it let go. Had the other three and the new one out three times since and no other problems.
Jst a bad tire most likely. And it was a 15 dollar fix. (Mount and Balance)

Derik

I got my 31 TRXUS for 120 each mounted and balanced
If I was you I would give www.samsoffroad.com a call and see what they can do ask for Kobe tell him buck told you about them.

DaffyXJ said:
JaySheep,

It was from a trail run. Not sure why it let go. Had the other three and the new one out three times since and no other problems.
Jst a bad tire most likely. And it was a 15 dollar fix. (Mount and Balance)

Derik

Ohhh, so the side wall did not tear you just lost the bead and popped the tire off the rim. Thats OK, probably aired down a little too much.

Back