PDA

View Full Version : Roller or Hawse fairlead?

Mike L
August 5th, 2004, 16:39
Which one would you recommend for wire cable? I know most people like the roller for the wire but still see some people using the hawse with wire. And most of those I have seen with the hawse don't use them on the M8000 that comes with one. Thanks.

-Mike

Big Red
August 5th, 2004, 16:41
Which one would you recommend for wire cable? I know most people like the roller for the wire but still see some people using the hawse with wire. And most of those I have seen with the hawse don't use them on the M8000 that comes with one. Thanks.

-Mike

I have a roller and I like it on my Warn 8000i. I think people get the hawse because it weights less and is cheaper, also doesn't stick out as much to get smacked. My bro has a hawse on his daystar/profab pre-runner bumper so he'll probably just use that when he buys a winch.
Troy

Weasel
August 5th, 2004, 20:55
Hawse, too simple not to use. Nothing to stick out and hit. After time it won't rust and jam up.

WayneXJ
August 5th, 2004, 21:20
Hawse, too simple not to use. Nothing to stick out and hit. After time it won't rust and jam up.

My feelings also.

kmagnuss_2000
August 5th, 2004, 21:22
I've never had a hawse...I had a roller. In michigan winters and salt, and it never froze up...I just kept it oiled up. Vaseline does wonders.

erwinstein
August 5th, 2004, 21:47
I have a roller for years never had any trouble :)

Beezil
August 5th, 2004, 21:50
I've destroyed two rollers.

I think rollers suck.

I have a hawse now, cause its required for some reason to run synth, but either way I'd never run a roller again.

jrsxj98
August 5th, 2004, 22:22
Hawse like he said to simple to mess up.

Weasel
August 5th, 2004, 22:51
I have a hawse now, cause its required for some reason to run synth, but either way I'd never run a roller again.

I thought it was cause the rollers have burrs that can cut the rope.

Also the rollers can jam up if you pull hard from a wierd angles or wedge the wire between the rollers.

Ramsey
August 5th, 2004, 23:52
I have a hawse and even at extreme angles it is fine.