• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recomendations for lift please

herreraxto

NAXJA Forum User
i need to get a lift something cheap and quality dont matter i already have a 31 tires whit 2" lift home made, and i need to get a 3" lift at least because the rub of the tires , and also i going to sell it in about 6 months i am not palaning to keep this one (xj 90 limited) please any recomendations or where to buy it, thanks in advence for your help

well what kind of lift do you have on there now. You could get a block for the rear or shackels,or an add a leaf, and up front you could buy some F-150 coils (50 or 60 bucks new),or make a bigger spacer. Hope that helps

herreraxto said:
i need to get a lift something cheap and quality dont matter i already have a 31 tires whit 2" lift home made, and i need to get a 3" lift at least because the rub of the tires , and also i going to sell it in about 6 months i am not palaning to keep this one (xj 90 limited) please any recomendations or where to buy it, thanks in advence for your help

To get rid of rubbing you not only need to deal with height but also backspacing on the rims and tire travel, so looking at all that, where do you rub?

If it's temp thing (6 months) why not limit the rub by adjusting bumpstops and steering stops? Cause I'm willing to bet $$ that the extra 1" will not fix it for you: I rubbed on controll arms and when I fully stuffed my tires then on the coil tower with 31" tires, stock rims and about 4.5"+.

yes i want it temporary, a lift kit be ok aal or you think is better to get the dakota leafs springs and the f-150 springs because i need to change the socks too

herreraxto said:
and the rubbing is onthe fender flares and the lca

Then look into taking care of the rubbing:
1. Fender flares? Front? Rear? where? upper part? back part? front part? of the flare?
2. LCA's? You fix that with the steering stop adjustment: put a washer or two underneat them.

the rubbing is at the front fender flares but is not really bad only when it flex i been thinking rustys 3" lift kit is only for 271 shocks and shipping

Back