• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire opinions??

Los11

NAXJA Forum User
I am installing 5.5 kit on my 2000 xj and am wondering what tires to put on I have narrowed it down to two choices 33x12.5x15 MTR's or TSL radials what do you guys think?

MTRs, from what I've read on here, they wear a lot better, ride better, and are quieter on road. Plus some have said the TSLs suck on rock, awesome for mud though. This isn't my personal experience tho, just what I've read on NAXJA

When you pay attention to the trip pics of the WGIC, you'll notice a strong majority of the folks running MTR's.

I sure liked mine, probably one of the most "talented" tire designs to date.

Los11 said:
I am installing 5.5 kit on my 2000 xj and am wondering what tires to put on I have narrowed it down to two choices 33x12.5x15 MTR's or TSL radials what do you guys think?
Big Question: what do you want to wheel on and where? A lot of folks like MTR's but they are not best tire in all categories (although they do excell in quite a few). In any case, what/where/how is the question: what do you wanna do, where at and how often.

Basically North East wheling paragon etc Local stuff, But it is also my daily driver si I want a tire that can do both. The tsl have a mean look to them in my opinion, but the MTR's are nice to My buddy has 35 MTR on his TJ and we were fooling around in some mud and they did have some trouble they seemed to bog down like.

Have you considered the SS TRXUS?
trexus_mud_terrain-200.jpg

They are true to size, are fairly quiet, wear well, and seem to be pretty popular. (from the research I've done)

The price is right too at 134.00 for a 33 from 4wheelparts

This will be the next set I put on my rig.

HTH

I think trxus is the perfect Northeast tire due to rock and mud capability and killer performance in all kinds of snow, including hardpack. Look no further.

Nay

Everything else being equal, go with BFG.

I have run both (tsl and mtr ) mtr is much better on the street i feel better in the rocks. i used both tires in calif wheeling. never tried the tsl's in the mud but the mtr's worked pretty well just a little slippery. overall i would go with mtr.

Back