• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit

jre29

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I was on RE's website and checking out the RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit and I was wondering why they give you the (3.5" XJ Rear Spring + Shackle) instead of just the RE1462 4.5" Extreme-Duty XJ Rear Spring.

I checked the website and both the 3.5" and 4.5" leaf spring are both $149.95. But the XJ Shackle is $87.95.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just offer the 4.5" Leaf instead of the 3.5" Leaf + Shackle? Or is RE just trying to squeeze the most outta their customer?

:huh:

The 3.5" spring and the extended shackle flexes better than just a 4.5" springpack would. It would be cheaper to use just the 4.5" leaf and you have the option to swap any part into the lift if you feel the need. From everything I know of the company, trying to squeeze extra out of the customer isn't their way at all.

There are a number of threads involving install and selection of parts for the RE6130, but read more about it at http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/45lift.html if you want as well.

Two reasons,all their springs tend to net about 1" more than advertised and secondly the longer shackle "effectively" softens the spring rate.I run the 1462's and still wine about them being so stiff!Yucca-Man said it,my 1463's flexed way better,they just didnt provide the lift Im at now!

Last edited:
i have talked to RE about this too. they use the shackle to allow for better flex in the suspension. if you look at their 5.5 inch kits, they use 4.5 leafs, and a shackle. the added length in the shackles softens the spring rate giving a smoother ride, and allows the spring to flex better.

Back