• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

noises when steering! Help!

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
Its not the power steering whine, I have that too, but I recognize that and its only in extraordinarily tight maneuvers.Sometimes I can hear a rattling sound from the front over bumps, and a clunking sound from underneath when I'm making tight turns sometimes. Neither one is a constant noise, but it happens enough to worry me. I don't know much bout steering systems, so I worry bout things like the steering letting go on the highway...:eek:

The shocks only let the body bounce once or twice when I jump on the bumper, so they should be pretty good, they could be loose tho. What would I do about the trac bar, is there a way to tighten it? or can I just deal with the noise for awhile? I've just put over $600 into it in the past month with new bearings up front plus A/C getting recharged and tracing a short that killed the AUX fan and A/C compressor in one fell swoop...plus I still have to replace a couple sensors in my emissions, I think one is the EVAP emissions control sensor and I forgot the other...

Back