• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lots of parts.......

ChiXJeff

Curmudgeon
NAXJA Member
I'm swapping the engine, trans, tcase, axles, and all of the mechanical stuff in general from my 94 2 door XJ to a 92 2 door XJ. The unibody on the 94 is badly rusted, and is not worth salvaging.

Once this is done, the mechanical stuff from the 92 will be available. Note the engine has been overheated, and has a nasty tick in it. It'd be good for a project, but definitely not to just throw in a different vehicle. NP231 tcase, D30 front axle and 8.25 rear (both 3.55 gearsets.) The transmission is spoken for. And the TCU is available as well, along with it's wiring harness. Around 150,000 miles on the mechanicals.

I can salvage stuff from the 94 from the interior. Driver's side front seat is spoken for. Full instrument panel (odometer has already been reset once, and shows 195,000+ miles.)

If anybody is interested, reply here, or drop me an email.

Edit: these are all located in MI's northern Lower Peninsula. Buyer to cover any shipping costs, and I'd really rather not ship the heavy stuff.

ChiXJeff

Whoops..... should have mentioned. The available engine is a 4.0l HO.

ChiXJeff

Yup, the 94 cluster has a full gauge package, showing around 195,000 miles (it's been reset once already.) I have the junkyard $75 for it, $35 + s&h and it's yours.

Remember, this is for the electric speedo, not the mechanical.

ChiXJeff

GSequoia said:
How bout vent windows? Are the available, if so I'm looking for a hinged RH one...

Nope. No hinged vent windows, just fixed.

ChiXJeff

I haven't started the job yet (Saturday) so I'm not for sure what the spline count is.

I sold an NP231 with a badly stretched chain for $150. How's $300 + S&H sound?

Hmmm....... Austin....... S&H will be $80-100.

ChiXJeff

Update: parts that are spoken for

passenger side tail light
auto brake pedal
proportioning valve (still have one left, I'm putting in an adjustable)
power steering pump & brackets
drip rail trim (hey, he's willing to pay for it!)
instrument panel w/ gauges
NP231 (maybe, see above.)

Update:

Front driveshaft is also spoken for.

Any chance that it has one of those rear roof soundbars?

Do you have doors from either of them for sale??

Front D30: asking $250
Rear 8.25: $300
Both axles are 3.55s, and the front is a non-disco.

I really don't want to ship the axles. S&H is gonna be expensive. Unless you can get to northern MI, you can almost certainly find one cheaper locally. I doubt I'll have a chance to put them on a pallet and get them down to Traverse City to a freight company before July. And I don't have a way to get them back down here to Chicago either.

The 94 is a 2 door, and the bottom of the doors are rusted. The bottom edge is very crusty, and most of the lower inch shows rust. Manual locks and windows with good glass. Jeep Sport Red paint, and black mirrors.

I'll be up at the farm May 10 through May 17, northeast of Traverse City, MI about 30 miles, for either pickup or inspection.

ChiXJeff

gz32 said:
How much for the mirrors?

If I sell the doors, then the mirrors go with them.

Remote control, non-powered mirrors. Autozone wants $90 each, $30 if the doors don't go.

ChiXJeff

Back