• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep No start

buffalomatt350

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a '98 Jeep Cherokee, AT, 4.0, that won't start. When the key is turned to the "run' position, the gauges do not move at all, like they should. Not the fuel gauge, temp, battery, nothing. I pulled the wire to plug #1 and we didn't get any spark at all. Battery power is great, we tried it both with and without jumper cables. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

check to see if the check engine light lights up with the key on. if it does not there is a shorted sensor . the majority of the ones i see are the crank sensor. unplug it and see if the check engine comes on if it does the sensor is bad. if not try another sensor like the tps etc. one at a time until you get the check engine light.

I'm having the same problem with my 95 XJ...it's been dead for 6 months or more. Changed all the sensors, battery, NSS, battery cables, nothing...please let me know if you come up with anything. Thanks!

Back