• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For those of us doing Rubicon?

poomba

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking it would be a 2 day, at least, trip to the 'Con..when/where is the best place for us to break off from the Colorado portion, and still make it to the 'Con on time? Only myself as a driver, sooo, don't see me making it all the way thru in one shot.

I think Jon K is planning on leaving for the Rubicon when the XJ's leave Ouray for BV. Are you planning on running the trip before the Rubicon? Is it Barrett?

I would allow two full days driving to get to the Rubicon area if you are leaving from Ouray or BV. So Friday arrival I would leave on Wednesday, Sunday arrival I would leave Friday.

If you guys could do us a favor. We will have banners and such that need to get to the Rubicon. Can you guys haul them?

You CO guys are wussies. To us west coast guys it's a long day/day and a half. :D

Left in the evening and was there the next evening both of the last two years, but that was a long haul. I think if you left early on Thurs from Ouray you would make it to the Fordyce trailhead by Fri evening without killing yourself. If you drive from BV you should cut out on Fri evening so you can get to Ice House in time for dinner on Sun.

old_man said:
If you guys could do us a favor. We will have banners and such that need to get to the Rubicon. Can you guys haul them?

Tom, I have a NAXJA banner, so keep the one you have. What else do you have? We'll be mostly camping on the trail.

Hey Bubba,

Some of us CO wussies did Ft Collins to Johnson Valley via Vegas in one drive. 16 hours straight.

Sleep is for those who cannot mainline Mountain Dew.

Goatman said:
You CO guys are wussies. To us west coast guys it's a long day/day and a half. :D

Left in the evening and was there the next evening both of the last two years, but that was a long haul. I think if you left early on Thurs from Ouray you would make it to the Fordyce trailhead by Fri evening without killing yourself. If you drive from BV you should cut out on Fri evening so you can get to Ice House in time for dinner on Sun.

I'll be heading out on Thursday morning and plan on taking an easy 2 day trip. It is 1000 miles from BV, so it should be easy to make in in by Friday evening.

-Jon

Grant said:
Hey Bubba,

Some of us CO wussies did Ft Collins to Johnson Valley via Vegas in one drive. 16 hours straight.

Sleep is for those who cannot mainline Mountain Dew.

Now you're talking.

Grant, I never have really considered you as a CO guy.

:) :)

Back