• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help!!!!

92xj

NAXJA Forum User
NEED Help!!!! will not run

coming back from tellico last weekend, I was driving down the road going normal speed in overdrive around 2100 rpms, when the XJ just sputtered for a moment last power and died. it would crank but then stay at like 100 rpms and then kill it self, i replaced the fuel pump two weeks ago, once we limped it to the gas station we undid the fuel line and turned the key to prime it and it shot out gas so the pump seems to still be working. also on the fuel rail we un did the screw and primed it and gas came out. i also replaced the idle air sensor and the spark plugs. what the heck could be going on with it. I can crank it and have it run for a minute but then it will cut out, or just idle really low and then have a burst to like 2000 rpms by it self and drop to 100-400 and then like 30 secs later rev high again. anybody have any ideas??? please help
Thanks in advanced.
also it is a XJ 4.0 with full widths exo and 38s.

Last edited:
try the usual suspects: cps, tps.

i've never experienced your problem, but it seems like anytime somenthing goes wrong on a 4.0, these two have something to do w/ it.

hope this helps,
dan f.

Id say check your CPS or fuel filter, i had problems similar to this and I replaced both and the problem is fixed.

Back