• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

skyjacker subframe....

Renegade Jpr

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking at building a new suspension for my XJ. I want long arms but cant afford them. I was planing on using RE drop brackets but then I ran into the SJ subframe thing. I think it would be a good combo with my RE upper arms and then Jonny Joints at the lower arms. Anyways, what do you guys think of the subframe? good...bad? anybody know a price? and the last thing, can it be bough seperate or do you have to buy the whole kit...?

I have one, and I have to say it puts up with some serious abuse. Im not sure weather or not its sold seperatley, and if it is Id bet it wont be cheap. However, you may want to look at how the control arms connect to it, it isnt compatable with all arms. Just a thought.

yea, I have done some searching around and found that all the upper arms will work as length wise they are the same. The lowers are Dodge Ram arms and are slightly longer, but Currie sells Jonny joint ends that will thread right into the SJ arms. I also dont think it will be very cheap, but I just want to find the info now so I know about it in the future.

Well then, sounds like youve done your homework. Here is something else to think about. Though that sub frame is big and stought, and does protect quite a bit, everything Ive had to install around it, ie rustys skid plates, has had to be modified. The cross member is moved forward about 2 inches, and the CA mounts will be different. But its doable, not a big deal if you can cut and drill. But the subframe changes how things mount down there, except for the tranny. Just dont be mad when you try to mount something made for an xj and it dont fit. But I do like the medium length arms it uses. It flexes fine, and doesnt unload on the hills. But for god sake do not use that damn D30 cradle!

Back