• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power window problem

RacerXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So after accidentally stepping on my rear window and pushing it down about 3 inches, it won't go all the way up. I've got an inch gap at the top. The window just stops. The window travels up and down fine, until that point. I pulled the door panel and the tracks look fine. The weird pipe cleaner looking thing tracks fine through the motor. My only guess is that some of the "teeth" on the pipe cleaner thing got boogered. Does anyone know how to disconnect the actual window glass from the track mechanism so I can pull out the whole assembly to troubleshoot? Thanks.

if it where mine i would just pull all the doors off and go doorless :bs: just kidding pull off the other door panel and examin the mechenisim very closly and compare the two something is probbley bent and you just arn't noticing it took me two hours to fix my old lady's car till i gave up then pulled off the other side to fix a speaker and noticed a difference

Yeah, I was thinking that real hard, but it was getting dark, so I didn't bother. If I can figure out how to seperate the glass from the power window mechanism, I can remove the whole assemble and really troubleshoot the thing. I just can't figure out how the glass attaches.

You probably just pushed some teeth thru the gear on the motor, that nylon stuff tends to bend before it breaks.

Back