• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical prob, dome lights

jeeptime1

NAXJA Forum User
My dome lights do not turn off after closing the door... incuding the timer.
Switches must be good because if all doors are closed, they go off when ignition is turned. They just do not turn off on their own.

Please help. I do not want to keep pulling the fuse to keep battery from discharging.

This problem was noticed when I got back from out of town to find a dead battery. Since the factory security was tripped, I thought that was what had drained the battery. After charging and darkness, then noticed interior lights staying on.

Bob

could be the keyless entry not shutting off if it is a 97+ it si eather in that bubble between the visers or in the dome light try inplugging it and see if that works also if i'm correct the dome circit works by shorting to ground when a door is opened and when the iginition is turned on it opens the + side of the circit

Last edited:
scoobyxj said:
could be the keyless entry not shutting off if it is a 97+ it si eather in that bubble between the visers or in the dome light try inplugging it and see if that works also if i'm correct the dome circit works by shorting to ground when a door is opened and when the iginition is turned on it opens the + side of the circit

Thanks for the info. I'm curently not using the keyless entry so I'll try to unplug it. Hopefully it is in one of those locations(it's a 91).

Bob

Okay, I unplugged what I beleive was the keyless entry connector. It turned off the forward interior lights completely, but did not solve the problem. The rear cargo light stays on. And yes, I did check the switch on the cargo light. Any other suggestions anyone?

Bob

Back