• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Was Renix EFI Sequential?

FSJ Ralph

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to solve an argument here. My friend claims the Renix EFI was sequential, and I say it the injectors were batch-fired, and that the later OBD system brought the first sequential port injection to the stout old inline-6.

Anyone have a link or other hard info to solve this question?

Yes, the Renix 4.0L system is seqential according to my Renix fuel injection manual. There is sensor in the distributor that sequnces the injection.

The renix manual says sequential. You will notice a miss if you swap the wires on the injectors due to injector timing.

Mine ran perfectly fine with the injector wires crossed between two injectors. I seem to recall that they are fired in two batches but I can't substantiate this.

Sequential , i had them all conneted to lights to check just this question , on the renix they fire in the same order as the plugs.........

Back