• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird Electrical Problem(ac,wiper,radio)

MikeU

NAXJA Forum User
My ac, wipers and radio will not work sometimes on my 88 XJ 4.0. It has to be somewhere they are connected together. Sometimes it will work and then you turn off the car and turn it back on and it will not work for the rest of the day. I really need help on this.
I have been looking at the electrical diagrams but have not found the problem yet.
Thanks,
Mike

They're all on the same segment of the ignition switch :cool:

When it does this, try the horn too.

They're all on the brown wire(s) from the switch to the fuse block (and horn relay). Try wiggling the key switch when it happens, then wiggling the wire, etc, on down.

and if its the ignition switch an you need a replaceo- make sure you get the right one- manual and auto will not interchange. Their cheap, $9 or so. They all wear out.... you might want to check and see if the actual switch is loose and in need of adjustmant first-- lower column, right side, above your foot. If its loose, hollar.

thats exactly what happens to me and i found out that was the ignition switch i havent replace it but when this happen to me i just play a little bit whit the ignition switch

Thanks everyone. The problem was the ignition switch. The switch was bad and also the connector on the brown wire was burned. I replaced the switch and the connector for the brown wire. Hopfully this will never occur again on this car but I have another so it probably needs to be checked.
MikeU

Back