• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bush guard for 1997 xj

540ismiley

NAXJA Forum User
I can't seem to find one. Anyone know where I can find one and what kind I should get?
Price is a issue. trying to keep it low co$t.
thanks

really a brush guard is mainly for looks.
It won;t help in any accidents or protect your vehical from damage. In fact it might just cause more damage than prevent it.

If you want one for looks there are some out there. a simple search should help.

get an ARB bull bar. you can hit a 150lb kangaroo at highway speeds w. one of those. they're a pretty penny (600-800) depending on where you go you can save yourself a couple bills. EDIT - the bullbar is a full front bumper not just a brushguard

jeepmaster said:
get an ARB bull bar. you can hit a 150lb kangaroo at highway speeds w. one of those.
Get a lot of 'roos in Des Moines do you?? :D

i have the warn brushguard with winchmount, not the super expensive bumper, just the guard, i dont have the light covers on it. it looks nice and holds up well. only regret is that i should have shopped around and found something with a better approach angle.

Back