• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dakota leafs

herreraxto

NAXJA Forum User
i been searching the forums and what i want to know is how much lift you get if you use the main leaf from the dakota springs and if this not going to kill articulation
or any configuration on the leafs to get about 4.5 or less whit good articulation
i look every where but didnt find any of my questions
thanks in advance for your help

the best thing to do is to just try and see, it will depend on your existing condition of your springs. just mix and match until you get what you want.

www.cheapxj.com

He has a write-up on using Dakota springs under an XJ

<Edit>Hmmm ... the site is up but most of the internal links don't seem to be working. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Last edited:
I got about 4" with mine, I cut the eyes off the dakota main spring and drilled the hole bigger on my XJ main spring and used the whole dakota pack (eccept for the overload spring) and pin on my xj main spring. it was a little bouncy at first but works great

I'm setting about 5 inches with mine. I did the same as TKM, used all the springs from the Dakota pack except that 1/2 inch thick over load spring/short ski. Seem to flex really well and I think the ride will improve greatly once I get shocks on the back again.

i put leafs from a 95 dakota on my 87 jeep and keep the helper because i haul trailor with it the rides not bad got about 4.5 inch and put on a rear brake line for a 95 dakota for the leght

Back