• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need fan help with friends 94 xj

EvilCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
one of my friends has a 94 xj, and for some reason her electric fan is not coming on. not with the ac, nor when the temp gauge reads 220. the fan does work when jumpered to the battery. she does not want an underhood switch, or any mods to the cabin. in other words, she wants it working when its supposed to. she has replaced the relay, the cts, and the fuse. is there something else that would cause this. would a bad ac clutch cause the fan to not come on at all? i really don't have access to her vehicle to test things, but it told her i would ask here as to what may cause this. i searched and really didn't come up with anything..

EvilCherokee said:
one of my friends has a 94 xj, and for some reason her electric fan is not coming on. not with the ac, nor when the temp gauge reads 220. the fan does work when jumpered to the battery. she does not want an underhood switch, or any mods to the cabin. in other words, she wants it working when its supposed to. she has replaced the relay, the cts, and the fuse. is there something else that would cause this. would a bad ac clutch cause the fan to not come on at all? i really don't have access to her vehicle to test things, but it told her i would ask here as to what may cause this. i searched and really didn't come up with anything..
Does it come on when the AC is on? And the bad clutch fan should have no bearing on the electrical fan. What you might want to do is trace the wiring and find the point at which there is electricity last (if there is not coming to the fan). OH yeah with AC and engine on it should be turning so you can use that while testing.

Back