• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone try one of these?

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.turbonator.com/
I've always said if it sounds too good to be true, it is, but, I still hold out hope for things...Has anyone got any experience with one of these things? It sounds stupid and like there's no way it'd work like they claim, but figured I'd check in here...

It's complete BS. If you buy a $5 computer fan and stick it in your intake pipe it'll do the same thing; in other words, absolutely bugger all.
It's the same thing as that "vortex-inducing" Tornado device that's shown zero gains on the dyno.

Funny, I just suggested that a co-worker try an electric ducted fan system for airplanes from GWS on his 5.9l V-8 Ram (no, he didn't actually try it, we figured the engine would inhale more at full throttle that the fan could push). Sad part is, we had a student from UTI who actually wanted to try it on a classmate's car (yes, I talked him out if it before he got too far, but atleast it wasn't on his own car)!

ive heard that those fans are cheap enough that if you hit a hard bump the teeth will break off and end up in the block. i dont know enough about the intake system to even know if thats possible, but it sounds really shi**y

The only way I could see it possily giving any gain is at idle cause it would help circulate air. But as soon as you give it gas I would imagine it would be more of a restriction.

Back