• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will zr2 s10 springs work for lift?

kmagnuss_2000

NAXJA Forum User
I have an opportunity to get some zr2 s10 springs pretty cheap. I know that the s10 springs will work, but these I believe lift the s10 like 4 inches higher than normal. It's still a spring under on those trucks, so do you think it will be too much? The leaf pack has 3 leaves, so Maybe if I just used two of them with the xj main it would be okay? I really only want about 3 inches of lift. Right now I have 2" AAL (short) from RE and RE shackles. I don't like the AAL's...too rough.

-Keith

Basically using S-10 leaves is AAL, but not nearly as harsh because you add more evenly distributed springs instead of one that kinda has to make up all the lift... I'm doin' it! Good luck! I would think the ZR2 springs would work fine, same width if i'm not mistaken.

kmagnuss_2000 said:
I know that the s10 springs will work, but these I believe lift the s10 like 4 inches higher than normal.

Im not a ZR2 expert, but I used to own a NICE s-10 Blazer 4X4 (until I saw the Cherokee light) :) and I am under the impression that the ZR2 uses the same leaf springs as a "regular" s-10. The ZR2 lift is achieved by positioning the spring perches further away from the frame, i.e. lowering the spring perches. But dont quote me on that. I am not an expert, I only play one on TV. I can confirm that the front ZR2 suspension components are exactly the same as my s-blazers.

So dont pay any extra for ZR2 leafs. Can I interest you in some torsion bars?

I used 2 S10 springs, got about 3.5", and it's really freaking harsh in the rear. this week I'm going to break down the packs, cut down the springs so they all evenly distibute across the pack, radius the edges, make new clamps, and paint them. hopefully that will loosen them up a bit.

i've seen those ZR2 trucks and looked at those springs funny cause they have MAJOR arch, the most I've ever seen on a factory spring. I'd definitely give them a shot, just mix and substitute them with your XJ leafs until you get what you want.

Looking at pics of ZR2 S10s, they do look really high in the rear compared to the normal S10s. Like BrettM said, give them a shot, but I wouldn't be suprised if you gained more than 3".

Back