• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going to Everett Tues. to watch the Lincoln

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
Trying to figure out what to do for my birthday Tues, well I figgured it out...

Going to take the Wife and Sons down to Everett to watch the Abraham Lincoln come home. Show support and all of that to the troops, then watch the parade.

Should be fun.
http://www.everettwa.org/cityhall/default.asp?sectionid=7&parentid=1

Then a few days later, I hop on a tug boat up here in the islands, and head to Seattle. Will be engineer on her for the TugBoat Races. Anybody in the area, come on down. We will be doing an open hosue on the boat while at the pier. Would enjoy meeting some of you from the Puget Sound area.

Glenn

My parents were just in San Diego last week as my brothers ship came home. He is in the Lincoln Battle Group and his ship the USS Shiloh and another ship were the first two in the battle group to be sent back (side note: those two ships were the ones that fired the first missle strikes in Iraq). As usual my parents had a great time and got to see my brother who is back on main land United States for the first time in over 10 months.

mac 'stayed in IN to work' gyvr

Hoo Ah!

I applaud all the boys & girls who went forth to do their duty. Even though that's what we all spend big tax bux for, it's still our bro's/sis/kids/moms/dads that are the executors of the trust. They have names and families...

Unfortunately there are gaps in the returning roll calls...very sad no doubt. But IMHO they all did an awesome job in Iraq and continue to do an awesome job in Afghanistan and other places that opportunity knocks.

Remember these fawks that kill our kin brought terror to OUR house... our reply is in progress, and if the rest of the world doesn't like us... I give a small care. If they have ill will to the US...stay home & die there. We'll bring the opportunity knocking to thier house, and the fawking fawks who host the fawks better get used to house calls. Stuff will be disturbed and redistributed in random fashion. Oh Well. I am proud of the Israili SOC in that regard...they have enjoyed a wide open hunting licence, and hire out guides as need be. maube US SOC is in that loop.

I know & love plenty of folks in the US spec-ops communuity...they have the training, equipment and intel... all they needed was the ref's call to take the gloves off and brawl. They are well versed in what to do from there.

Iraqi folks have a great opportunity to do right and re-enter the world community as rich equals. That opportunity was there's all along...but they lacked the balls/hardware to do what we did for them in a few weeks. Hopefully enough of the good Iraqi step forward to lead and not let the opportunity for their people be squandered. If not, at least we'll have updated maps for next time :)

Last edited:
Hats off to you. My daughters Marching band just got to go to the local AF Base (Buckley AFB, Aurora, CO) and play for the returning F-16 squadron. The kids were happy, the troops were happy and the band got to see something firsthand that most of us just see on the news. We got a great picture of them posed in front of an F-16 with all the returning pilots. I spent 6 years in the Air Force and still get a thrill out of jet engines!

Back