• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rain and stupidty... <rant>

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Ok... so I live in SoCal, where in May we shouldn't have much rain.... oh well, things happen and someone messed up and we got WHOLE lot of rain shipped our way...

Anyways, I am driving on the freeway (I'm in my folk's Durango trying to round up engine mounts for my XJ) and as I am driving in pretty bad rain I see a brand new VW jetta on the side slope between freeway and onramp turned around. I stop to see if the guy needs any help as another guy on the onramp stops. It's raining so hard that I am wet all the way through the second I get outside (wipers were on max and they still couldn't keep up). ANyways we get to him and the kid is bent on getting on the road as his dad is gonna kill him if he finds out what happend (traffic ticket, receipt for towing... whatever).. so I tell him that instead of pushing him up, we will push him down and he can back onto the onramp. At that time a brand new fullside 4 dr ford truck, lifted about a foot on big swamper pulls up and the guy is offering to strap the jettas bumper.... I dismiss that as a bad idea and tell him to move his truck as he is right in the path of that the jetta will take when we push it down.... so he moves it and by the time he makes it over to us we pushed the jetta down (at this point I am both wet and muddy and I'm not even wheeling!!!!!). ANyways as he asks what happened I answer that the kid must have been speeding like crazy and lost control as one of his tires seems to have low air from hitting the curb as he went over the side (kid looked really scared.... maybe that will teach him a lesson). ANyways the guy from the ford agrees that the people speeding in smaller cars are a menace and to puncuate that he just STEPS on it after getting into his ford and he fishtails all over the onramp as his swampers had a hard time finding traction..... all I can say where do such IDIOTS come from????!!!!!!!!!!!

Kejtar

I was probably a menace in my MJ in the rain back in the day...spooled R 44 with 4.56 LOL I had a few places (like every 90* turn from a stop) where 2d gear upshifts=powerslide opportunity. Looking forward to those days in the XJ soon, the refit 44 ought to be swapped in this coming week or end.

LOL I did my good samaritan thing a few weeks ago...came up on Jr who swapped ends in his dad's souped up GT 4.6 Mustang... 360*d his butt into the ditch and gornked dad's DS rear quarter LOL I woggled the XJ up, let him hook the strap, and eased him out with no further damage.

His teeny chick onlookers swooned at the Big Ugly Jeep and boo'd the little stuck toycar. That was all the payment required.

Disregard the event Remi...all it did was get your Jeepin Karma balance recharged.

LOL..... yeah you're right... but what really struck me as funny/bad was the dude in the truck.... I can tell you one thing.. if we would have gotten himself in the ditch, I wouldn't help him.. maybe that's bad, but he just saw what happens on wet roads! And I don't care... small car, big car... they all skid the same... expecially with offroad tires!

In regards to karma... I hope it's gonna add up to SYE by fall :) :)

Kejtar

Kejtar said:
..... all I can say where do such IDIOTS come from????!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummmmm, just a guess --

CALIFORNIA?

DUH! Why else are there so many shiney chromed trucks running around with monster mud tires in an area where the only place you're gonna get enough mud to use the is by pouring loads of dirt in to their swimming pool.
Remi you should have been with Ethan and I today. There was only about 35' of visibility, But the trails south of lake silverwood were GREAT.
Cheer up and remember: The most dificult thing about being an idiot...

...KEEPING IT A SECRET!!

Also, I was always taught to be nice to stupid people. They don't know that the are.

Back