• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tcase drop bracket on 92

ccotter3

NAXJA Forum User
I need to put my tcase drop brackets on my 92 Cherokee but it looks like there is a bolt that goes into the frame and a stud that comes out of the frame. On my 90 there were just two bolts into the frame on each side that were replaced with longer bolts. Has anyone had to deal with this and what was the solution?

I had a similar situation on my 99. I used a drop bracket kit from skyjacker. It was open ended box tubbing. This let you leave the stud in and use a washer and nut then a short bolt and nut on the bottom. Then a long bolt into the frame on the other side.

Or use a stud puller to remove the studs. 8mm metric as I recall.
Stud pullers are available at Sears, MAC, Snapon, NAPA, etc.

ccotter3 said:
I need to put my tcase drop brackets on my 92 Cherokee but it looks like there is a bolt that goes into the frame and a stud that comes out of the frame. On my 90 there were just two bolts into the frame on each side that were replaced with longer bolts. Has anyone had to deal with this and what was the solution?
All the time - search is your buddy. Search for terms like "double nut" or "vice grip" as this comes up fairly often.

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/tcase.html

Back