• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ XJ Seats in a 91 XJ

wallysheata

NAXJA Forum User
Like it says are these bolt in or would i need to modify some things? Any one done this? What can i reuse from the 91's if anything? SOunds silly but the reason i ask is i found some leather seat covers for 97+ xj's for $207, and the do not make em for the early model seats. I have a dog and it's MUCH easier to maintain with leather, and we all know how loosy goosy those old limited leather seats are on the early 90's model xj's

Thanks,

Wally

So can i use the 91 seat frames and bolt those to the 97+ seats? How much modification would that take? What's the easiest route to go to put these seats in?

Wally

Yeah, I have a 91' and it has the 4 bolts coming out of the floor to bolt your seat bracket too, whereas the 95' I had had a raised metal bracket frame that you bolt the axles through. This metal bracket is welded to the floor. I'd image that you'd be pretty close to getting it to work if you swapped on your 91' seat brakets to the 97'+ seats. I have some 03' PT Cruiser leather/suede seats I want to swap into my 91' xj, but haven't tried to yet. These seats are really awesome looking and I got both of them for $32 from pick n pull. There is some old dried blood on them as the vehicle was totaled and the person most likely died sitting on them, but nothing a little TLC couldn't fix. :laugh:
Troy

Big Red said:
Yeah, I have a 91' and it has the 4 bolts coming out of the floor to bolt your seat bracket too, whereas the 95' I had had a raised metal bracket frame that you bolt the axles through. This metal bracket is welded to the floor. I'd image that you'd be pretty close to getting it to work if you swapped on your 91' seat brakets to the 97'+ seats. I have some 03' PT Cruiser leather/suede seats I want to swap into my 91' xj, but haven't tried to yet. These seats are really awesome looking and I got both of them for $32 from pick n pull. There is some old dried blood on them as the vehicle was totaled and the person most likely died sitting on them, but nothing a little TLC couldn't fix. :laugh:
Troy

Mix a little holy water in with the cleaner, can't hurt...
:scared:

RichP said:
Mix a little holy water in with the cleaner, can't hurt...
:scared:

Yeah, I was a bit ambitious about extracting those seats that were by far the best things in that pick n pull. People kept coming by and shaking their heads at the damage of the PTC and surprised I was getting them out of there, I paid my $3 and wanted something to show for it. I was thinking of using them in my 94' Wrangler yj or 91' xj. I got them for $32, so I will use them somehow.
Troy

I did this a month or two ago. I plasma cut the mounts off of the '91 and retro-fitted to the '00 seats. Re-drilled the rear floorboard holes for the back mounts. Only took about 2 hours.

Jim

Back