• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys leaves

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
time to replace the saggy leaves. was curious what rustys 3'' leaves would net and how they rode and flexed and also how they last. thanks and any other suggestions are appreciated

i have rustys...love them...why not get the 4.5 inch leafs they are the same price.
the ride is ok..but they flex and handle trail weight well and you cannt beat price.

but do they net what they say, or do they give a bit more or less once they settle in

I have Rustys 4.5" leaves and they start at about 6" then settle to about 4" after 1 1/2 years of hard wheelin and carrying way too much weight in the back.

I have had Rustys 3" heavy duty springs on for about 2 years now. They come with a rather large overload spring on the bottom of the pack. They started out a little high, 4 to 4.5" but now seem to be set at between 3 and 3.5". I have a 32 gal gas tank, carry my winch and other gear in the back and often pull a 3000 lbs trailer, so they have gotten a pretty good work out. I like them.

Paul

thanks thats all i needed to know

naw stay with the saggy leaves like me, i have a 3inch aal, 1.5 inch shackles, and 2 inch lift block, and i have only 4.5 inches of lift. im playin tho, definitly go with the rustys, you will be happy that they net a little more with the 3 inch leaf packs, the 4 1/2 will get you into problems with vibes i bet.

this is my first lifted jeep and i was just wonder, are they supost to hop down little bumps ( speed bump), cause mine just slams down, by the way i got rusty 4.5 lift with an extra 1.5" shackle. is it cause the spring are so stiff?

I have a 4.5'' lift from rustys with the 3 inch leaves and an add a leaf and i ran the three inch leaves for a while and they had a good ride,good flex and ive have had it for a while now.Rusty knows what hes doin.

Russ

retard_ed_1 said:
this is my first lifted jeep and i was just wonder, are they supost to hop down little bumps ( speed bump), cause mine just slams down, by the way i got rusty 4.5 lift with an extra 1.5" shackle. is it cause the spring are so stiff?

Check your shock length. If you added the 1.5" shackle to the 4.5" lift your shocks might be to short. When your axel drops off of speed bumps your shocks might extend all the way and make ckunk sound as they bottom out.

SCJ

Back