• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift upgrade ?

Silver Bullet

NAXJA Forum User
Currently I am running an RE 3.5" system on my 2000 XJ with a full leaf pack in the rear. I plan to lift my rig a little higher to avoid chewing up my fenders anymore.

To do this I am going to add a 1 1/4 shackle to the rear and a 2" spacer to the coil spring. (I went with a bigger spacer since I'm nose heavy).

I also plan to get longer shocks and convert the front to the to the rear style.

Do you think I will need a dropped Pitman arm at this point and Adjustable upper control arms ? I am already running RE's lower fixed arms.

I also have an AA SYE and Tom Woods shaft.

What else am I missing ? have any of you added a spacer and shackle to your existing lift?

Thanks
Bullet

You wont need a drop pitman arm but you will need some adj uppers!You may also get some front driveshaft binding!

First for the rest of you,we are talking LP D30 here !!!!!!!!!!
Actually,my driveshaft would be completely compressed when dropped out but it didnt seem to be pushing on the t-case!The problem was the CV joint,and a little die grinder work took care of that!I dont run that lift any more so its all history now!

Back