• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dome light wiring

parnell5150

NAXJA Forum User
allright im kinda a newbie but im at my wits end with this little "quick fix". i got a new dome light w/map lights. my model only had the dome light in it. so correct my if im wrong. pink-hot, yellow goes to the dome light return, and black goes to the map light return. I can get everything to light up when i have everything wired to pink and yellow, but then the map lights will only work when the domes are on. when the map lights are wired pink and black i get nothing. Any help would be great.

I ran into the same problem when wiring a dome with the map lights into my base model Cherokee that came with a dome light only. I can't remember exactly how I wired it, but I tested it on the battery before I installed the unit. If memory serves me, I attached the black to ground (sheet metal screw into the roof brace) and the pink to the dome hot lead. That way I can run the map lights independant of the dome being on. If you install the cargo area light you'll hit the same snag. There I just used the hot lead behind the plastic panel to the cargo dome and the black to ground. That way it works without the front dome needing to be on. Shoot me a email back-channel if you have any questions, I can see if I kept notes in my 'Big Jeep Book'. Good Luck.

Woody

Back