• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radial TSL

turdles

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at buying the 33/12.5 radial tsl and was wondering if anyone had these tires and could tell me somewhere near the miles that they got out of them and what kind of driving they did on them.

If anyone could help me out that would be great.

Thanks,

I had 33x10.5 TSL Rads on mine, had about 25k miles on them. I would still have them if on didn't blow out on the highway. To hot/to high air pressure. Loud tire but that goes with the MT style tread. But for the money they can't be beat. They're hard to get balanced right so make sure you take them to a place that can do tires larger than 31". Juice

juicexj24 said:
I had 33x10.5 TSL Rads on mine, had about 25k miles on them. I would still have them if on didn't blow out on the highway. To hot/to high air pressure. Loud tire but that goes with the MT style tread. But for the money they can't be beat. They're hard to get balanced right so make sure you take them to a place that can do tires larger than 31". Juice

wait, why did they blow, and will i have the same problems?

The driver side front did, it was over 50 on the air gauge I have when I got it to a rest stop. It didn't blow, but was bubbled up in the middle of the tread. So much so that it would have blown a few miles down the road. I just sold off the tires to people that needed spares and got some BFG AT's. But as long as the tire pressure is kept in check you should be fine. My wife had my Jeep in for an oil change and they filled up the tires. Two days later on the PA turnpike it went. It shouldn't happen to you. Keep them around 30-32 for tire pressure and your fine on the highway. Juice

Thats funny.... I have the 33x12.5 Radials and I too Had one bubble up on the highway in the middle of the tread. It happened at about 65mph on the way to tellico last summer. About 2hrs into the drive.

Anyway with that said, I replaced the fualty tire, and I love my TSL Radials. They are a little noisy, but then again what offroad tire isn't? They ride fine for me, and handles pretty well I guess. I mean its a Jeep it doesn't "handle" that great anyway. They also perform superior to any radial M/T offroad, They clean out better, stick better, and grap better. All in all I like them and am looking to upgrade to a 36in TSL Radial when these wear out and I get my new axles.

Sorry If i babbled for a little, Just tryin to help.
-Tim

Anyway with that said, I replaced the fualty tire, and I love my TSL Radials. They are a little noisy, but then again what offroad tire isn't? They ride fine for me, and handles pretty well I guess. I mean its a Jeep it doesn't "handle" that great anyway. They also perform superior to any radial M/T offroad, They clean out better, stick better, and grap better. All in all I like them and am looking to upgrade to a 36in TSL Radial when these wear out and I get my new axles.

Sorry If i babbled for a little, Just tryin to help.
-Tim[/QUOTE]

I have 33x12.50x15 TSL Radials on my 94' Wrangler and think they are a good tire. They are a bit loud on the road like Tim said, but they are a super swampe after all right? I do like my 35" mtr's on my 91' xj better for a quiter on-road ride and a better off-road tire. The tsl radials are very good too, but you do sacrifice your on-road ride a bit, but they are a radial so they do run good but a bit load. They do get people's attention when you come down the road though. :laugh3:
Troy

Love em. have a set of 33x12.50 on my DD. highway noise a given. but they seem to be wearing great. and offroad, do I even have to say. lol. oh I run mine around 25 psi

Fine for a street tire, fine for moderate offroading. I had a set (36x12.5) at one time on my YJ and they were the weakest sidewall of any tire I've ever personally seen. I mean, I had BFG ATs with a stronger sidewall.
dion

I have a set of 32x10.5 Radial TSL's and they are wearing fine, with around 5k on them. I run them at 28 psi on the streat and 10 psi off road.

They give excellent traction in mud and rock. Once they wear out I will be buying the same tire again.

no one has really said what kind of mileage can be expected, can someone throw out some numbers. not trying to be rude, just trying to get some numbers

All depends how you drive, tire pressure, on/off-road, etc. But I have about 25K on mine and they are about 40% or so. You can get 35K or so if you rotate them, get the right psi, not wheel them hard, etc.

I don't have any experience with them, but I was thinking about getting a set until the local off-road shop that I deal with advised me against it due to a weak sidewall. They've had a few of them come back with torn sidewalls that they don't think would have happened with the non-radial Super Swampers.

I know it's second hand information, but I trust these guys and thought that I'd pass it on.

Robert

everyone i know that has them loves them.. but as far as the second hand info goes.. there are people who swear MT/Rs have a weak sidewall too just because they saw one go flat on a trail...

mike

my 36" tsl radials were the same price as my friends 38" bias ply tsl's. Mine measured 1" smaller and ride way better on the road. I do better off road but his rig is a c100, so I have an advantage.

Well mileage-wise I cant help too much I bought mine used with about 75% (rough est) have driven them 10-15k and have right around %50-60 (exact measure) left. I have one new one that has 2k on it and still measures as new.

As long as you dont have any problems with the tread seperating (bubling up) on the highway, im sure you could easily get 30k+ out of them and will love them.

As far as sidewall strength- I tore the sidewall out of 2 32in Generic M/T's and haven't had any problems with these radial swampers. I beat on them pretty good too.

Hope this helps. -Tim

Search is good... awesome info. here.
I'm seriously considering the 31x9.5-15 version.

What causes the bubble'n up? too much pressure or too little?
I typically rotate tires every oil change = 3000 miles.
I'm in Az. with good amount of heat and very high asphalt temps... and the rig is a daily driver(city commute, 45mph max.), but, not my only vehicle, and only see's highway to get to the trails.
I hate mud, so the rig will only see rocks/gravel for the most part, some sand, and mud only if there is no alternative.

I currently run bfg at ko's and have scar'd the sidewalls pretty good, but have yet to have one fail.

Really just want a narrow 31" tire, and this seems the only one on the market... ?

I had 36X12.50X16's on my powerstroke and they were getting kinda thin at about 24K miles....but that is on a tank of a truck. Overall I loved the tires, and me personally I love the way they sound.

I have 38" SSR's on my Dodge and they are a great tire, but are a little to quiet for me......but oh well I still like them!

~Nick

Back