• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear shocks

Lonestar

NAXJA Forum User
Does it help offroad if you move the rear shocks so that they are on the same side of the axle? If so what is a good way to make a shock hoop to bolt the upper end of the shocks to? Or is it better to leave them in the factory postion. I ask because I know that the reason they make them strattle the axle is to help prevent body roll (read it in a book somewhere), and wouldn't that hinder the articulation. Just something I,ve been thinking about.

don't believe everything in books.

if you had them both angled the same as stock, but both on the same side of the axle it wouldn't handle body roll any differently.

don't worry about it, get shocks of the right length and call it good. you may want to raise the axle mounts, or may strip the bar-pin threads at the top, but other than that just leave 'em where they are.

They don't stagger the shocks to control body roll. They stagger the shocks to control axle wrap-up during hard acceleration and braking.

Back