• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 9" swap

Lonestar

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of setting the new 9" in place. I have it centered side to side 7 1/4" from the spring perch to the bearing flange. I have also set the pinion angle so that it is pointing at the output on the tcase (so far so good). But with the driveshaft in place the it is not straight. It looks like the pinion on the axle is not in the center of the axle, but the axle is centered under the chassis. Is this normal or have I done something wrong? Keep in mind this is the first time I've done anything like this so let me now if I've done something wrong.

The pinion on the 9" is not centered on the axle as you have pointed out. So with the axle centered correctly the pinion will not be. Not a big deal.

I read about a 9" that has the same size shaft for both sides. 80's i believe. Anyone got any more detailed info on the years of F150 that it can be found in?

i have a early seventies 9" and it has same langth shafts on both sides. just to ask is there anyway to convert this nine inch to 5-4.5 pattern so i dont have to run wheel spacers. oh and what u-joint should i run with a stock drive shaft and the 9" pinion hook up.

Back