• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 Cherokee Sport 4X4

mxz6001

NAXJA Forum User
My problem is this: I started my Jeep the other day and it started running real rough. I changed the TPS but no joy. Took it to a repair shop and they told me that 2 of my cylinders were not firing at all. They were going to charge $250.00 to do a tune up. I changed plugs, wires, rotor and cap but no joy. Any help would be appricated.

Crash

02 Sensors

go to your local parts store like autozone or advance auto and ask if they have a diagnostic scanner to read the codes in your computer..... most have the tool and will do it free of charge.... if there is any question about the interpretation of the codes since they ARE NOT automotive technicians DO NOT buy something they suggest immediately... the codes sometimes give a few options as the cause.. get the code numbers from them and go to a dealer.. any D-C dealer will help you and they will help you a lil better... then decide from there what is trigggering the problem.. with it runnign rough i assume you do have the check engine light on right?? good luck and don't keep throwing random parts at it...

mike

Back