• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mj leaf spring question

dachner

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90 MJ long bed with factory spring-unders in the rear. I was wanting to know if anyone knows about how much lift I will gain when I convert them to spring-overs. I am trying to figure out which front coils I will need and how long to build my LCA's. Thanks.

roughly 6 inches, but you can change that a little by mixing some leafs in your leaf pack, building tall perches, longer/shorter shackle, etc. How much lift do you want? I originally SOA'd mine at 5" by taking out the overload and another leaf and adding a flatter XJ leaf. I now have it at about 8" by adding in some miscellaneous arched leafs.

WOW! I was only wanting like 4.5 on this one cause i don't have any tires right now. i am nervous to take any leaves out cause they're so soft. i have a set of stock XJ springs, but i believe they're too short for my long bed or i'd just use them (i'm assuming they wont provide as much lift)

yes, XJ springs are too short. BUT, you can use some of the leafs to get you 4.5". Use the stock MJ main leaf, and maybe the second leaf, then add 2 or 3 XJ leafs under that. that should get you around 4.5 inches because the XJ leafs are much flatter. also, you could use an XJ shackle to lose about 1/2" of lift.

ok thanks. my only other concern is the fact that the springs are so soft. its great for wheelin' but sucks when it comes to haulin' stuff. is there any simple compromise here?

Back