• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hmmm... Ordered RE6130, did i make a mistake?

Okay, here's the problem. I got excited....REALLY EXCITED, and ordered my lift before putting as much thought into it as i should have.
I ordered it with all the things in the original list- no exchanges. I plan on upgrading the parts, but didn't have the $$ to do that then. I should have waited.
Now I have a tc drop kit, track bar, disconnects, and fixed upper and lower control arms that I have no intend to use. Would anyone buy any of this stuff for a reasonable price? or should i just try and contact RE and ship the parts back and pay their difference for the upgrades? I plan on upgrading to the 1660 track bar and bracket, adjustable control arms, and JKS discos.
I am finally starting my new job tomorrow, so will have a pay check again- time to finish my shopping list.

While I'm at it, i want to ask a question- I read not to get adj. lower control arms becasue they loosen and move or something... Is this true?
Please- I want to do this lift MOSTLY right the first time, so tell me anything at all that you would recomend adding at lift-install time. I already plan on a SYE and have that figured out.
Here's the list i made of parts to replace, and what to replace with or add to the system.

Parts still needed to be purchased/exchanged for lift. (more * = more important)

**** Chrysler 8.25 U-Bolts

*** HD Track Bar: RE1660 + bracket ($165)

*** HD Track Bar bracket- RE1665 ($78)

* Upper Adjustable Control Arm- RE3780: ($220)

** Lower Adj. Control Arm- RE3715: ($250)

** JKS Quicker Disconnects

**** 4* Shims- RE1467: ($30)

**** Drop Pitman Arm- RE2500 ($65)

**** Hack'n'Tap SYE- RE1807 ($88)

**** Drive Shaft- RE1898 ($275)

Exchange Parts:

Track Bar- RE1600 ($150)

Upper Fixed control arm- RE3781 ($155)

Lower Fixed control arm- RE3700 ($200)

Sway Disconnect w/ 6" center- RE1165 ($65)

Transfer Case Drop Kit- RE2120 ($29)

Last edited:
well i'll tell ya first off that yuo would have saved a bunch of $$$ by using a broker..... any parts you get that you dont intend to use can pretty readily be sold in th e"for sale" if need-be.... i would call RE ASAP tommorow and cancel the order... then find a broker who will help you order the right kit the first time....
i will recommend a naxja member.. get ahold of chris at www.authorizedvehicle4x4.com his naxja user name is C-murda...
or get ahold of richard at www.fullsizexjgear.com his screen name is fullsizeXJ..... you will save a few $$ on the price and will be assured you arent ordering anything you dont really need...

good luck

mike

it looks like the AV4x4 link doesnt work.. someone forgot to pay the server.... pm chris thru this board and i'm sure he can still help you....

mike

Last edited:
Well, i know... I talked to fullsizexjgear, and a few others...i was able to find the best price on 4x4groupbuys.com They started to work with me on ordering replacement parts but i was limited... I got the lift for $807 delivered to my door. I already put my bank account in negative $$, and will be that way until i get my first check- to give you an idea of how tight my budget was...I am a HORRIBLE impulse buyer. Another problem is that the lift is already in Massachusetts, awaiting delivery tomorrow afternoon. So, I guess i'll be on the phone with RE tomorrow- then if they'll take stuff back i'll be putting out shipping to send the stuff back, then shipping to have all the new stuff sent. So if anyone wants to offer me $$ on any of these pieces, go ahead.

JeepinAudiophile said:
While I'm at it, i want to ask a question- I read not to get adj. lower control arms becasue they loosen and move or something... Is this true?
Ok, well I don't have Adj. lowers but just physically I don't see how they could loosen. Its basically a thread with a hole on either end. The only way for it to lengthen or shorten would be to spin it, and if your control arms are spinning then having them at the right length is the least of your problems.

Like I said- i'm just picking up on what another thread mentioned. It didn't seem to make much sense to me, but I thought i'd ask. another one- are adj. uppers and lowers a good plan- or are the fixed ones with the 6130 lift fine for the application? MOstly I'm trying to make sure there is nothing I have over-looked.

JeepinAudiophile said:
ordered my lift before putting as much thought into it as i should have.
Think whenever you're gonna drop hundreds of dollars into something. I researched my lift for over a month and my bumper a few weeks before I bought either.

Jeepin Audiophile said:
*** HD Track Bar: RE1660 + bracket ($165)
Jeepin Audiophile said:
*** HD Track Bar bracket- RE1665 ($78)[/QUOTE}

Do you need the bracket again if it already comes with the RE1660 above?

Other than that invest in a box of metal-cutting blades for your sawzall, and a length of galvanized pipe to help your ratchet in turning some of those bolts.

the kit comes with the RE1600 which does not use the bracket(1665) The problem is nights like this, where i'm up at 3am and my wallet starts itchin' I end up throwing all my research out the window because i get the "I want it now" bug. I am extremely impulsive, it's one piece of a hand-full of recorded "issues" I have on file at the doctors office. Someone PLEASE take my credit card away!!!

P.S.- WOOHOO, 200th post- Finally a Forum Addict and not only a Jeep addict!!!

JeepinAudiophile said:
another one- are adj. uppers and lowers a good plan- or are the fixed ones with the 6130 lift fine for the application? MOstly I'm trying to make sure there is nothing I have over-looked.
depends. are you gonna be happy at the 6130 height in a few years? when i ordered my 6130, i upgraded to adj uppers and lowers in case i wanted to add a bb to bump me up a tad bit higher.

Okay, I talked to 4x4groupbuy.... they said to send the parts back and i just have to pay shipping, and the difference... no re-stocking fee for the parts i want to send back.... SWEET!! No more being impulsive for me... hopefully!

You dont need adjustable lowers,you dont need or want a drop pitman arm,you shouldnt need a t-case drop if you use the sye kit!The RE 1660 trackbar does "not" come with the bracket(for 91Red).

EDIT...just read your last post. I got my stuff from Jason @ 4x4groupbuy.com as well and had a good experience with him. Good prices ad a nice guy.

Just buy a slip yoke kit and put the lift in already>I bolted the stock re 6130 off the shelf lift in and could not be happier it flexes incrediable the ride is only harsh on studder bumps and when the shocks doetechs are cold I ru 285/75/16 mtr's and have only had to cut the front slightly. I have seen and owned a lot of different lifts and re has the best products out there and when you can afford to upgrade you will end up doing long arms any way so bolt it together and get to wheelin.

I thought about all the same questions and your right you could spend a lot more money but you do not have to!!!!!!!!!!

well its good you got them to work with you on taking it back. i guess i asumed you went dirrect with RE since you had so many questions still.... do lots of reasearch and take note of opinions and advice... make alist of what you NEED and then a second list of "like-to have" and see where the $$ takes you... make sure whoever you get it from works with you on the upgrades and credits and such... i see you pointed out the u-bolts fior the 8.25.... all you need to do is have them specified with your kit and there is no charge/upgrade involved..
someone said you don't want or need the dropped pitman arm.. if its for daily driving and occasional wheeling i would use it.. if its for alot of wheeling i'd skip it since it puts diffferent leverage on the steering box and such than it was designed to take.... that being said i have the drop pitman arm on my trail rig and it has great road manners....

mike

Mike - this same poster started a very lengthy thread asking for advice on the RE6130 and then decided to go against everything recommended and just placed an order. That said, the drop pitman isn't needed with a 4.5" lift because of the steering geometry...

Yucca-Man: :soapbox: I did NOT decide to go against everything that was recomended at all! I got carried away in a thought and ended up ordering the kit, planning on buying the few replacement parts i wanted in the next batch of parts when i have pay checks coming in again. I am now mad at myself for allowing my usual-self to get caught up like that. Also, there were many good thoughts in that thread, but i didn't felt like i got enough out of it. I was asking about the install mostly, and the parts came up in the midst of it... I ordered the lift thinking that I would buy the jks discos in the next order with the shocks, shims, sye, driveshaft... But in the mean time i read on about the RE1660 track bar, and the down-sides of the RE1600.... Which noone happened to even mention to me in the other thread... After doing some of my own research I noticed a few things that i would have expected to be mentioned...(Adj. Control Arms, HD Track bar, drop pitman arm) SO i decided that i needed to start a new thread to get the thoughts headed in the right direction... and put up a list of SPECIFIC parts that i was looking at to get some feedback. I ordered the lift thinking that i had what i wanted, then would add the jks later... not a big problem, but then found out that I should have exchanged the track bar, and i'm still not sure on the control arms... I don't plan on lifting it higher in the next few years, so i think i'll be fine with the fixed CA's. So, this is why i posted another thread on what seemed to you to be the same topic, but in reality was a different thread that was a follow up to the above mentioned topic.

Back