• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no-slip install

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
I am soon going to order a powertrax no-slip for my 29 spline 8.25 and was wondering if it goes in as easy as the lockright i put in the front. will i also need to gring on the carrier to get it to fit as i did on the front. btw it is an open carrier. fyi i searched but could not find an answer. thanks for the response

ramsey

yes its easy
no, you will not need a carrier, nor will you need to remove your carrier...

pm'd

thx for the pm

how so, i thought there was but one carrier for the 8.25. the gears are stock. so does anyone know if it will fit in, or will some grinding be necessary as it was on the lockright install

i had to to get it to fit in the carrier.

I installed my no-slip (d30) last friday. I thought it was easier than the lockrite, at least it isn't any harder. I haven' heard of anyone needing to grind the carrier, but I did need to grind a bit of a ring gear tooth to get the crosspin out. BTW you will LOVE this locker.

I don't know the physical dimensions difference between the no-slip and an auburn but we did have to grind a tad off the inside of the housing to get the aubun to fit. Just one corner, about the 2 O'clock position on the housing. Took two tries to get enough out.

they that helped me on my install the first time has put in 8 and i think about half of them he has had to grind to get it to fit, usually not much and i could maybe have gone in without it but it would have taken a lot of manipulating and this was just easier

Back