• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pic's of Axtle Swap Doner and Jeep.

Just looking through your site and reading the notes I have a few questions.
1. How are you going to mate the tranny to the 4.0?
2. How much lift are you looking for by running the leafs and springs from the Bronco, plus the blocks. I would expect the coils to give atleast 8" and the springs with 6"!! blocks will probably end up around 12".

There is a lot of work involved in what you plan on doing. Im not trying to belittle you by any means, just don't want you to tear your jeep apart expexting it to be a piece of cake and then be without it for 10 months due to it being so much more than you expected. I myself am in the same boat, BE SURE to plan for the nickel and diming. New wheel studs, pads and retainers for my D60 was $100+ in itself. My $100 D60 is now getting past $500 and I don't have gears or a locker for it yet.

1. How are you going to mate the tranny to the 4.0? - Advance Adapters Part # 712569 4.0L to Ford trans adapter. I have a shop making me a flexplate.

2. How much lift are you looking for by running the leafs and springs from the Bronco, plus the blocks. I would expect the coils to give atleast 8" and the springs with 6"!! blocks will probably end up around 12". - Not sure. Just going to have to get it together and see how she sits. If I dont need the blocks I wont put them in. I wasnt going to use the bronco springs because I figured it'd be to stiff. I'll have to see.

The axtles were rebuilt with a front locker when I put them on the Bronco. They maybe have 1000 miles on them. Same with the trany and T/C.

I'v done a few standard to auto swaps at the shop I work at. So I do have some experence. And I have 2 other daily drivers. Plus the wife's van.

The Olds is just gona have to sit in the street while the Jeep's in the garage. :repair:

I'll be taking pictures as I go.

Before you get started, lets practice something real quick.

Repeat after me......
axle
a-x-l-e
axle

Now then, carry on.

you'd better update this as you go so I can see whats what...I've found a 78 bronco for sale 2 blocks away with the same suspension....$400...and I was thinking about the same swap.

Back