• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Limited Automatic shift problem

lrfrew

NAXJA Forum User
HI all
this is my first post here on this board. A friend told me about it (and I like it) as I am looking for a solution to a shifting problem on my 89 limited Which I recently purchased. I have looked at previous posts and check several things including the tps and the tvs cable that were mentioned. The TPS seems to be working OK all though it was off a little and we did adjust it as well as adjusting the TVS cable .
The transmission still will only shift if you tack out the motor around 5 grand or so. It's good and solid no slippage or noise.
Any one have any :idea:
PS: Forgot to mention~ I DID INDEED POWER WASH THE MOTOR (was fine before that) :( :bawl:

i did the same a while a go had to replace the tps because the 2 plug is for trn shifting but 1 st pull the plugs apart and make sure they are cleam and making good contack

6.jpg

a picture of my 89 XJ Limited that has the transmission problem.
We had a nice HAIL storm right after I get it home.
I have a 87 Zuk Tin top I run as my Main wheeling 4x4 and I was told that's what I get for buying a Jeep . No sooner got it home then it went straight to HAIL!! :repair:

Back