• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS Blazer or K5 Springs in a XJ

Rastus

NAXJA Forum User
I've heard or read somewhere that it's possible to use K5 rear springs in the rear of and XJ. anybody done this and what are the pros and cons of doing it?
How much lift if any will this result in? It's a Father daughter project.

I did a search and did not find anything specific enough to answer my questions.

TIA
Rastus

I've heard of s-10 leaves for about 3" or dakota leaves for 4-4.5" lift but never k-5 leaves....seems like one or two leaves from the k-5 pack would kick it up a bit...my friends xj we used a couple full size wagoneer leaves in his rear pack, which already had a roughcountry AAL and 2" block, to pick up a couple inches lifting it from 4.5 to about 6.5....still rides and flexxes well.

full-size Blazers use 2.5" wide springs just like XJs, so yes you could add them to the pack. however they support a much heavier vehicle, so it will take a bit of guess-and-check to get the right height without having a really stiff spring-pack.

Back