• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cps help

kaboom!!

NAXJA Forum User
I was replacing the cps on my 94 cherokee and I dropped one of the bolts into the hole that the cps sits in. How do I get the bolt out? DO I have to drop the tranny? It has the aw4 if that matters.

Thanks,
Zack

Just a point of information. You need to replace the bolt with a bolt of the same type. The bolt performs an electromagnetic function as well as a mechanical function.

I've seen too many rigs where the bolt was replaced with a hardware store bolt and the cps just didn't work right anymore.

Hope you find it OK.

I removed the inspection cover and found the bolt at the bottom of the bell housing. The only problem is that I can't pull the bolt out. It seems that it is either stuck on the fly wheel or tourqe conveter. I am going to try to again to get it out but if any one has any suggestions they would be a great help.

Thanks
Zack

Back